Friday 16 April 2010

Gary Barlow on OH NO DON'T MAKE ME SAY IT I CAN'T SAY IT


Gary Barlow is supporting the Tories.

Here's a Sky News link to coverage of Barlow actually SINGING 'Greatest Day' at some sort of Conservative rally in Cheshire. *Deletes that song from iPod forever*

According to this article in the Crewe Chronicle, the performance took place at Brine Leas High School, where "children mobbed Conservative party leader David Cameron and Take That star Gary Barlow". Mobbing by association, Cammo - that's pretty low.

When Mark Owen admitted all those affairs and drinking and whatnot, I considered what this would mean for my Take That fandom. They should be touring next year - should I refuse to buy a ticket in protest? And then I thought "no, that would go against my principles - he has atoned for his sins and paid the price. He doesn't need me to judge him." Unfortunately, unless Barlow similarly atones for this disgraceful behaviour, I will have to think again.

A Tory rally at a SCHOOL. I ask you. We're supposed to get more right-wing as we get older - if those kids join the National Front as soon as they turn 18, Barlow will only have himself to blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment